Worditt Free is a challenging, fun word game that will get children thinking of and spelling 4, 5 and 6 letter words. The object of the game is to guess the missing word and to figure out which letters to select and in their right location to spell the mystery word. 4/5 stars.
Things parents will like:
- The app is free
- Kids can use letters to spell words they know and discover new words
- The app is an excellent value--with 150 levels and 1,400 4, 5 and 6 letter words
- The app adds in tips that will help kids get to the right answer
- Kids get rewarded for figuring out the correct word
- The words get more difficult so kids won't be bored with easy words to guess
Things parents should be aware of:
- At first, the app can be complicated to use; but, there is a "How to Play" section which helps explains the game*
- There are in-app purchases to buy more rewards, more words and more hints.
Get the free app for your children since it is a game that will help them learn spelling and 4,5 and 6 letter words.
* The app developer provided additional information to help with playing with the app. We found this to be very helpful:
"There are primarily three sections in the guessing screen - scroll view for 8 guesses, the actual word that you are trying to guess (in dark green boxes) and the keyboard.
Once you enter the word using the keyboard and press Play, you get the number of overlapping letters in the correct position (marked in green) and overlapping letters not in the correct position ( marked in orange). If there are overlapping letters in the correct position then I mark those letters in green in both the guess word and the actual word area.
For example, if the actual word is 'TIRE' and the guess word is 'RIOT' the output will be 1 green (for I) and 2 oranges (for R&T). Also the letter 'I' will turn green in both the guess word and the actual word placeholder. So the actual word will now read '_ I _ _'. You have basically locked in 'I' in the second position."